Welcome to St. Mary
The parish of Saint Mary was formed in 1675, it is situated to the northeastern section of the island and is located at latitude 18°09’N, longitude 77°03’W. It is bordered by Portland in the east, St. Ann in the west, and parts of St. Catherine and St. Andrew in the south. It’s chief town is Port Maria.The parish covers an area of 610 km², making it Jamaica’s fifth smallest parish. The terrain is mountainous, rising up to almost 4,000 feet at the highest point, but there are no distinctive mountain ranges. The climate is varied, like most parishes on the island.
Source:: Welcome to St. Mary